This creamy, decadent butternut squash and cauliflower soup will warm you right up and deliver the exact cozy vibes you are craving during winter months!
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into thirds, leaves removed
- 3 small or 2 large butternut squash (you can use other squash too), cut in half or quarters
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 inch chunk ginger, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 1-1 1/2 its stock (vegetable or chicken stock is fine, though squash stock will work best)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 F
- Toss cauliflower and squash in the olive oil, season with salt, and spread out on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 40 min - 1 hour or until the vegetables have browned and are mostly cooked. Once cooled, chop the cauliflower and set aside.
- Scoop the flesh out of the squash, leaving the skins and seeds and ends to make squash stock.
- Add the squash chunks and cauliflower to a large pot with the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Cover with a quart of stock to start and simmer over medium-low heat. Once everything is softened (about 30 minutes), blend either in small batches in a blender or with an immersion blender.
Return to the pot, season with coriander, cumin and salt (to taste). Add additional stock as needed. Simmer for an additional 10 or so minutes.
Original blog post here.