This roasted radicchio recipe is a lovely use of a fall favorite. Try serving it alongside roast chicken, a Thanksgiving feast, or with any autumnal meal.
- 2-3 small heads of radicchio (you can also use any type of cabbage or castlefranco)
- 3 Tbl olive oil
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted (or try dried cherries or golden raisins)
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped (or try walnuts, almond, or pistachios)
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano (any hard cheese will work, try Parmesan or an aged white cheddar)
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Cut the radicchio into quarters and toss with olive oil on a sheet pan. Season with salt to taste. Make sure the pieces are spaced out on the pan with negative space between them, this ensures they will roast evenly without steaming.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop or peel apart the dates and set aside. Using a peeler, shave off thin slices of the cheese until you have about 1/4 cup or however much cheese you’d like with the dish.
- To plate, top the radicchio wedges with the dates, hazelnuts, a generous squeeze of lemon juice, black pepper and the cheese to finish.