- Cauliflower Steaks
Cauliflower Steak With asparagus & Leek Sauce
Box Included Ingredients:
Additional Optional Ingredients:
- Nuts, Tahini and/or hard cheese
- We'll use these two links for the asparagus sauce and the method for cauliflower steaks.
- For the sauce- while the base recipe just uses asparagus, we figured we'd add some gorgeous leeks as well!
- The recipe also mentions blanching prior to blending but, we also feel you could do a light sear in a pan to add a more complex flavor. We also think the leeks benefit from the sear! Since the pan is already on, you should caramelize your already zested (to use later) lemon halves to deepen and mellow the flavor. Also, use the more tender white/yellow parts of the leek (rather than the darker green parts) since they're less fibrous.
- This sauce is a great dish to add garlic, lemon zest, nuts, tahini or parmesan and a good amount of olive oil (because why not!).
- For the cauliflower-follow this recipe without any edits this week!
- The only thing we'd mention using whatever seasoning you have and feel work well. We always love smoked paprika, parsley, and aleppo pepper.
- At the end, you can top this with more lemon, radishes, and any delicate herbs or thinly sliced spinach.