- Kale, Turnip, and Mushroom Pasta
Kale, Turnip and Mushroom Pasta
Box Included Ingredients:
Additional Optional Ingredients:
- Pasta (if you haven't tried La Pasta yet, here's a prime opportunity)
- It's not too hot to turn the stove on yet, right? I hope not. Regardless here's a nice light pasta that is very quick but can still be a showstopper for a larger dinner.
- Here's a base recipe to work from.
- The only major edit is to add mushrooms. We think searing the sliced mushrooms before doing everything else is best. Once they're deeply browned, you can remove them from the pan to rest on a paper towel so they don't overcook and become rubbery.
- After the mushrooms are done, you can follow the recipe as written. You can also add shallots in with the turnips if you have that lying around.
- Then, adding the mushrooms back to the dish right before the pasta will let them come back up to temperature and get coated in the sauce.
- A squeeze of lemon would be great with this dish to top it all off!