- Farmers Choice(Small)
Grated Turnip salad
Box Included Ingredients:
- Green Onion
Additional Optional Ingredients:
- I think about this recipe as a variation of a raw beet salad. It's a great way to use up different produce, no cooking, picnic ready and always better the next day.
- Basically it's just chopping everything up! I do think grating the turnip is nice texturally and I would suggest removing the ribs from the kale and slicing the leaves into very thin ribbons but by all means cut everyhting however makes sense to you.
- For the dressing I feel it kinda hinges on whether you want to use the dill. If you are I would lean more on the bright acidic side with lemon, capers, a good amount of olive oil and maybe some everything bagel esque seasoning you have around.
- If you're not using dill I would lean more towards a soy sauce, toasted sesame and chili flake based dressing.
- Then letting this sit in the refrigerator for an hour before serving allows all the flavors to meld and get some of the crunchier veggies a little softened.
- This would be great with fried tofu in a cold noodle bowl.
- a more meat centric options would be next to a roasted/ barbecued chicken.