Take advantage of our spring produce and whip up some Spring Onion Aioli. Perfect as a dip, meat accompaniment, or condiment on a burger.
- 1/2 - 1 bunch Spring onions
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated (use a microplane or finely chop)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Salt & black pepper
- Start by charring the spring onions. You can do this on the grill or in a skillet. If using a skillet, drizzle in 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to coat the pan, heat over high. For a grill, heat it to medium and coat the onions in the olive oil in a bowl. Char the spring onions over the heat until they are black all over, about 5 minutes, toss often to get all sides.
- Remove onions from heat and finely chop until there are no large chunks and a chunky paste forms. Set aside and make the base for the aioli.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolk, garlic, lemon juice, and a generous sprinkle of salt. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly until fully added and emulsified. Season generously with salt and pepper, add the spring onions. Combine and season to taste, add more lemon juice if needed. Serve with boiled potatoes and roasted radish, alongside a piece of grilled fish or roasted chicken, or try it on a burger or sandwich.