Who doesn't love roasted potatoes? Kick them up a notch with a warm blend of spices and some sweet, aromatic onion.
- 1 pound potatoes, fingerling or Yukon gold work great but anything will do!
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut potatoes in half if they are small or quarters if they are larger. They can be any size you'd like really, but larger pieces will increase the cooking time. Set them aside and cut the onion into thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, spices, a large sprinkle of salt and a generous few grinds of black pepper. Set aside about 1 tablespoon of the mixture in a smaller bowl, toss the onions in this.
- Toss the potatoes in the larger bowl with the spices and oil, mix to coat the potatoes. Spread them out on a baking sheet with room so they don't steam; use two pans if needed. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes, flip them over and toss in the onions with them. Roast for another 10 - 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve with a grilled steak or a piece of fish, in a grain bowl or salad, or as a side dish with some fresh herbs, yogurt, and lemon juice to finish.