This Roasted Cabbage with Cheese is a delicious and different way to try this often-overlooked cruciferous vegetable.
- 1 head cabbage (any kind, this also works with radicchio)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 grated parmesan
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Cut the cabbage into wedges keeping the head of cabbage connected by the stem end. Lightly drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the cabbage, season with salt and space the wedges out on a sheet tray. Use two if it is crowded, you want to make sure they brown thoroughly and don't steam.
- Roast for 5-10 minutes on one side, removed from oven and flip the wedges and bake another 5-10 minutes. You want them to be browned and softened but not mushy or falling apart.
- Meanwhile, mix the parsley, garlic, and lemon zest in a bowl with the remaining olive oil.
- Brush the roasted cabbage with the garlic oil and top with grated cheese. Broil for about 2 minutes or until browned and bubbly.