This is my go to breakfast if I have a busy morning. At the beginning of the week I'll make a 2-3 avocado batch of schmear and you're off to the races from there. While your toast is toasting your eggs are cooking, you're fed and out the door in 10min. Best part is you can jazz it up however you'd like, bacon, arugula, everything bagel seasoning, hot sauce, the worlds your oyster! (oyster recipes on the way ) Don't be intimidated by the flip either. With a little confidence and a flick of the wrist you can't fail.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 serrano, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 slice Sourdough toast
- Chili flake (optional)
- Olive oil to finish (optional)
- Salt to finish
- Start by combining 1 avocado, 1/2 red onion chopped, 1/2 serrano minced, and salt to a bowl.
- Mash with a fork or spoon until nice and smooth, or to desired consistency.
- Heat a pan to medium-medium low. Add 1 tbsp butter and melt.
- Add two eggs. Once whites have set, give your pan a jiggle checking to make sure your eggs are loose from the pan.
- Give your pan a flick of the wrist and confidently flip your eggs. For over easy, turn off heat and let sit 30sec before plating. For medium, leave on heat for 1-2 min. For over hard, leave on heat for 3-5min.
- Put a healthy schmear of avocado on a piece of toasted sourdough, add sliced radishes, eggs, chili flake, good olive oil, and a little sea salt.