Baked Apples are a simple, easy dessert that feels very decadent. If you love apple pie but can't be bothered with the crust, try these Baked Apples with streusel and caramel.
- 2 apples, any type
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp sugar (brown sugar works too)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350.
- Wash the apples. Remove the core with a coring tool or paring knife and spoon. Keep the apples whole with centers hollowed out to remove the seeds and stems.
- Place the apples in a small buttered baking dish and stuff each one with two tablespoons sugar and one tablespoon cold butter.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining four tablespoons of butter or use at room temperature - either works. Mix the butter
- With the remaining two tablespoons of sugar, flour, oats, and a pinch of salt to form a crumble.
- After 15 minutes remove the apples from the oven, top with the crumble mixture and bake for another 15 -20 minutes.
- Remove and serve with the caramel at the bottom of the pan and ice cream!