This salad is a quick and delicious use for radicchio. One of the things that makes radicchio so special is its short harvest season from September through November in the Pacific Northwest. Feel free to swap another chicory or kale for equally amazing results.
1-2 garlic cloves
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp pecorino romano, parmigiana, or other hard salty cheese, finely grated
1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
2 heads radicchio or other bitter green
1/2 cup shredded collard greens
Try a mix of kale, escarole, endive, or any other crunchy bitter green, a mix works well.
- Clean the greens and soak in cold water to perk up, dry thoroughly, set aside.
- Finely chop anchovies and smash with a knife to make a paste, add to a large bowl.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dijon, and cheese and whisk to combine into a paste.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify, season with salt to taste, and a generous amount of black pepper.
- Toss with the greens, top with more grated cheese, and enjoy!