Why should lemons get all the fun? Try substituting rhubarb juice for lemon juice in your next recipe in need of a kick of acid. We think you’ll love the results and demonstrated by this show-stopper Basil Rhubarb Pesto recipe.
- 2 cup Picked basil packed
- 1/2 cup roasted nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, Pine are all good options)
- 3-4 cloves Fresh Garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup Rhubarb Juice***
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
***To make rhubarb juice, just chop it up and throw it in a blender or food processor until smooth and strain.
- First, combine all the ingredients except for the olive oil into a food processor or blender and blend until contents are evenly combined.
- Then, stream olive oil into the processor/blender until smooth. Add salt to taste.