- Farmers Choice(Small)
Light & Bright summer Sauce
Box Included Ingredients:
- Light Greens (Raab, Spinach, Cilantro)
Additional Optional Ingredients:
- Acid (Citrus and/or Vinegar of your choosing)
- Olive oil
- Chiles (fresh or flakes)
- .This is a sauce that's in-between a Giardiniera and a Chimichurri so basically a light, bright, chunky sauce you can use with so many things this week.
- At this point I would choose if you want larger dieced pieces, more of a fine mince or full sauce. You don't need to use a blender or food processor necesarially but if you did want to go more in the full sauce realmn that equipment might be more necessary.
- From there you can add your veggies, season heavily with salt, pepper, chili flakes and any other seasoning that makes sense to you, then add a good amount oil until everything is convered and when you stir it suspends everything and the veggies seem to move around easily, then add your acid to taste. We are loking for a ending texture that is definitely pourable but still something you can see the individual veggies in.
- It's more of a base for what you need to use it for throughout the week. You can blend it until its pretty fine and use it as a marinade. Leave it chunky to use as a salad dressing and mix in. Or in between to use as a sauce for bowls, tacos, eggs or tossing roasted veggies in.
- It would be good as steak or egg tacos. If you havent tried Three Sisters Tortillas I feel this is the time to check them out.
- A great sauce for a rice bowl with roasted veggies like potatoes and cauliflower
- An easy way to makse a salad really stand out.