Recipe by Holly Blosser, this month's #MyMilkRun contest winner. Tag us in your MilkRun recipes on Instagram to win our monthly raffle!
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved (or quartered, if they are larger)
- pinch of salt
- 4-5 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan until no lumps of cornstarch remain, then whisk in water. Add strawberries and toss to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it starts to bubble and thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and basil. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Store in the fridge and enjoy on toast, with cake, or with vanilla ice cream!