- Farmers Choice(Small
Shaved Cauliflower and Beet Salad
Box Included Ingredients:
- Green Garlic
Additional Optional Ingredients:
- Yellow Onion
- Greens (Cabbage Raab or Chard Leaves
- Let's use this recipe as a base for method and dressing to work from.
- I will start by saying a Mandolin will make this recipe exponentionally easier but it isn't totally needed. As long as you're breaking the dencer veggies up into the thinest slices you can, allowing the veggies to soften makin them palatable is top priority.(you can also matchstick the Beets, Radishes and Carrots if that's easier for you to get a uniform cut.)
- I wouls also suggest letting the salt soak into the cauliflower and beets for at least 15 minutes before adding everything else and dressing so the salt has time to break them down a little more.
- Here you can add anything you have around that's light, springy and you feel works well. It's a great opportunity to use the Green Garlic, Purple Radishes, Onion if you want something with a little bite, Carrots and any nice leafy green your box included (with the greens, since it's more of a large veggie centric dish I would slice the greens thinly so the cauliflower and beets can stay the star).
- This salad can stay as is, you can use it in a pita or sandwich, It would be great with farro, quinoa, or white beans too. It would also hold up well next to lamb.