Farmers Box Ingredients:
- Arugula Raab
Farmers Box Ingredients:
- White Beans of your choosing- cannellini, butter, garbanzo, cranberry, weird heirloom ones from Rancho Gordo if you’re fancy (Dried 10oz or 1-2 cans)
- Chili Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Start by preheating an oven to 400’F (you are absolutely able to do this whole meal in one pan) but your cauliflower and beets will have a better texture if you roast them in the oven. If you do want to make this all one put then add them with the cabbage.
- Toss the Beets and cauliflower in olive oil, Salt, pepper and chili flakes. add to a lined baking sheet and roast for about 30-35 minutes. Turning once or twice during cooking to prevent burning.
- You are encouraged to make a pot of white beans since they’re the star but canned will do great in a pinch. If you do make the beans I tend to follow as a good base that I can riff off of with whatever I have lying around. You don’t need to follow the whole thing, unless you want to make an aioli, don’t let me stop you!
- If using canned beans-Add a good amount of fat to accommodate all these veggies. Char the cabbage, a lemon if you have it, adding onions and leeks, garlic, fennel whatever you have, use it, It will only add great complexity to the finished dish. Add the stock of your choosing or water until everything is submerged. Bring to a boil, cover halfway and simmer until everything is cooked down and saucy.
- Then add your can or two of white beans (drained and rinsed) and allow to come up to temp.
- If making your own Beans-I am going to start with charring the Cabbage since it’ll cook down with the beans and also it’ll give some good color and flavor for the the stock. Charring a lemon if you have it, adding onions and leeks, garlic, fennel whatever you have, use it, It will only add great complexity to the finished dish.
- Skim the scum, they weren’t kidding in that recipe, it’s real you will lose some small veggie bits but that’s past of life. Allow this to cook to completion. Remove lemons and squeeze the juice.
- A fun additional thing you can do is with the Arugula Raab and any veggie tops you have this week is make a chimichurri to go on top. Simply mince everything with garlic and maybe some onion you didn’t use in the beans (you can also use a food processor) add some good olive oil until it resembles a loose pesto. Season with salt, pepper and the acid of your choice until it’s bright and punchy. There you have a great topping for this dish or anything else you have going on this week.
- You can top the beans and cabbage with your roasted veggies then the minced green sauce you made. Add some more salt, olive oil and all finished!
- Have with crusty bread, maybe Chicken? Maybe Quinoa or Farro? Anything you want!