Farmers Box Ingredients:
- Bok Choy
- Purple Broccoli
- Pea Shoots
- Green Garlic
Additional Optional Ingredients:
- Soy Sauce
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Sugar of Choice
- Rice Wine Vinigar
- Corn Starch
- Chili Oil
- Vegitable Oil
Directions: For The Sauce
- 2 Cloves of garlic and 1 thumb ginger grated
- 2 tsp Sesame oil, 2 tsp rice vinegar, 1/4 cup soy, 2 tbsp sugar of choice, cornstarch 1 tbsp.
- Whisk to incorporate.
- Add 1/2 cup water
- this will make more than you need but you can use as a marinade or its good to add when rewarming to loosen but mind the seasoning because it can get intense.
- *should keep for a week or two in the fridge.
Directions: For The Dish
- Start by pre heating a large skillet over medium high heat. adding about 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Mince garlic, onion and ginger, slice Bok Choy, You can leave the Sprouting broccoli whole or cut down to desired size, and slice or Matchstick carrots.
- Add the Garlic onion and ginger to the skillet and toss in the oil for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add carrot and broccoli first since they take longer cook for a few minutes stirring constantly. When they’re beginning to soften, add the bok choy and saute until everything is cooked through and soft then you can add the Spinach to wilt.
- Now add your desired amount of sauce. keeping in mind it needs to reduce and concentrate without making it too salty. I usually make sure the veggies are not submerged at all. you can always add more.
- A fun addition would be slicing the green garlic and adding it to the Hot Mama’s chili oil or another chili oil you have available, with some garlic and sesame seeds.
- Top with pea shoots and chili oil green garlic mixture or just the two raw veggies.
- Served with rice, noodles, roasted Purple majesty potatoes tossed in a Miso, compound butter.
Tofu, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Sichuan bacon would be easy additions to this