I happened to have a purple cauliflower when I developed this so it was particularly dramatic looking. The flavor doesn’t change though so any cauliflower you have will be lovely.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken/cut into florets and stems/core/leaves (about 7 - 8 cups)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or dried sour cherries)
- ⅓ cup almonds or hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced or finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped up a little
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, about ½ a lemon’s worth (more to taste)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees
- Spread cauliflower on a sheet pan in a single layer–use two pans if you need to. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss with your hands or a large spoon and spread out again. Roast for about 25 minutes or until crispy around the edges and tender when pierced with a knife. Put cauliflower in a serving dish.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven with the cauliflower until a shade or two darker and toasty smelling, about 10 minutes. (I suggest roasting far more nuts than you need for this recipe and using the rest for other salads or snacks.) Let nuts cool and chop roughly.
- Add nuts and all remaining ingredients to the cauliflower. Toss, taste and adjust seasoning with more lemon, salt, and/or oil.